X86 Build for Windows

I was flashed today as i saw that there is a new control app out there and looks like it was made with design patterns not straight of the 90s :smiley: Great work!

Could you also provide a Windows x86 build for it? I use all the programs around the device (Robolab, BrickLab, LegoInterfaceB and the original Control Lab Software that really needs a 32bit OS to run. Thats why i cant switch to x64 :confused:

1 Like

Hi tbuske,

Let me do some tests to see if I can do a successful x86 (32-bit) build. I remember there were some issues with some libraries, but I will see what I can do over the weekend.

Cheers!

Hi tbuske,

I was able to create a x86 build of Control Lab IO. It is now available on the site! A few caveats, the application will only run on 32-bit versions of Windows 7 SP1 and above. If you plan to run it on Windows 7 SP1 you also will need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime. Control Lab IO won’t run on Windows XP and I have not tested Windows Vista. The reason it won’t run with Windows XP is that the app is based on the Electron Framework which is not compatible with Windows XP. Hopefully this gets you what you need. Good luck!

Cheers,
Diego

Hi Diego,

what a great news and start into the weekend! That’s absolutely no problem! I reinstalled my Lego PC and found out that Windows 10 still have a 32bit version out there. I switched from windows 7 to 10 and all the old stuff works flawless! Love it!

1 Like

That’s great! Let me know if you have any issues running the software. Enjoy!

Yes, sorry i have two^^

1. I use this cable -> https://www.ugreen.com/products/usb-2-0-to-rs232-db9-serial-flat-cable
    The stop lamp goes off but i cant enable A-H Ports.

2. I can’t exit the Program normally, have to kill the process

Hi! Both those issues have a simple fix! You are using an adapter with the FTDI chipset so you need to take these additional simple steps (see image below for reference):

1. Open Device Manager (you can search for Device Manager using Windows Search)
  2. Find and expand ‘Ports (COM & LPT)’
  3. Right click on your adapter and select ‘Properties’
  4. Click on the ‘Port Settings’ tab
  5. Click ‘Advanced…’
  6. Select ‘Enable Selective Suspend’
  7. Select ‘Selective Suspend Idle Timeout (secs): 10’ using the drop down menu
  8. Click ‘Ok’
  9. Close all Device Manager dialogs
  10. Launch Control Lab IO

Control Lab IO should now work with your USB Serial Adapter and not become unresponsive.

Hope this helps!

Wonderful! It works like a charm :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

1 Like

Perfect! I’m glad it worked out! Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:.